I can’t get enough pumpkin right now, how about you? I wanted to bake up a treat for some special friends and knew it had to contain pumpkin. I hit up my usual pumpkin muffin recipe and changed it slightly to make it a bit more indulgent.
Vegan Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup plain canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple sauce (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup vegan chocolate or carob chips (I used minis)
- Preheat the oven to 350º
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray and set aside
- Mix wet ingredients in one bowl, dry in another
- Combine wet & dry ingredients
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, distributing evenly
- Bake until center of muffin is fully cooked (~14 minutes for minis, 26 minutes for full sized muffins).
- Let cool for a few minutes in the pan and then remove to a cooling rack
How are your workouts coming this week? Mine are going well. Usual Body Pump, Step & Attack! I am also spending a lot of time learning the new choreography for our big Super Saturday release.
Alright, time for dinner and some Frank (hes looking out the window waiting for Josh to get home).